This year I am doing it big for Halloween. And when I say doing it big, I mean spending everything I had set aside for decorations on this...
Ever since I saw this a few years ago I've wanted to give it a try. I began by downloading a video from YouTube with just the singing heads. After that, I opened it up in After Effects and played around with the head positions, color, contrast, sharpness and length.
Next I began building the heads.
I purchased four of these foam heads from Hobby Lobby. I then built mounts for each head.
Once the heads were on, I fashioned the bust out of cardboard and hot glued it to the head and base.
I then used plaster cloth to add form and strength to the chest and shoulders.
As they were drying, the projector arrived in the mail via FedEx. I purchased mine off of eBay. I hooked it up to the computer and set up the heads for a quick run at the effect.
And here is the video of my first attempt.
I think it looks pretty good so far. It's turning out well. Next up, I'll be building the stands for the heads and projector. Stay Tuned! Read Article »